CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 28, 2008

Lith's Blog

Green flashed pass... My anger some what ebbing away. But not quite.

I needed to find one good thing to kick.

Thoughts of that infuriating elf ran though my head again. His smug face, his princely features, his flawlessness, his egomanical thoughts... or his stonely silence...

I needed to find one good BIG thing to kick.

Why was I running around in the forest instead back at the clearing with the others?

Basically it went like this:

Breakfast was far from my mind at that moment. So when Branduff started gathering firewood from around the near underbrush, I just starred at him. Driscol, as he walked by me, muttered coyly, "You know, you could help, instead of standing there like a deer in the path of an incoming car..." When you are standing in the presence of fantastical creatures, you tend to forget that they knew of present day things. I turned to glare at him. He looked back with a smug, faint, perfect smirk on his handsome features. "Fine then." I snapped back. I went into the surrounding wood to find some decent sized sticks. When I returned, I found Driscol setting up the sticks in a tepee style, and Branduff taking out wrapped packages out of a large bag I hadn't seen before. I walked over to the fire and dropped the pile of sticks haughtily by the elf. He looked up at me with an expressionless face.

I didn't know what annoyed me more:

Driscol acting like he's the biggest thing since the Specials...

or

masking his smug feelings making me wonder what the heck that elf is thinking.

I didn't respond and squatted by the drawf. "Sooo... where did these all come from?"
Branduff looked at me with twinkling eyes. "Ah, wouldn't ya like to know, now lass?"
I sat down and crossed my legs. "Come to think of it, yes, I would."
He only shook his head. "You'll learn later."
I sighed. "I endure how much, and I still need to wait?"
The dwarf chuckled. "For now, just enjoy this hearty meal I'll be making ya." He added on a softer note, "And if ya don't mind me sayin', can't exactly trust ya now, ya know. Seein' how you came from..." He lowered in a softer voice, "THOSE people."

He didn't have to say who for me to get who he was talking about.

The inner Special in me was infuriated, wanting to lash out and show this little drawf that he could trust me. But instead, I was met with an inner understanding. "Totally understandable." I said and tried to cover my disappointment, and I for the most part, I thought I sounded dead right convincing.

Cept for the smartly little almost inaudible scoff I almost didn't hear, even with my almost 100% elven hearing.

My head snapped around and I narrowed my eyes. My Special glare, not as terrifying or deadly as Cati's, but Special enough, pulled out its fullest strength towards Driscol, who was intently making his his tepee of sticks. I noticed a small, faint grin. He looked up casually, like he had no idea why I was trying to bore little tiny daggers through his flawlessness. With big guarded eyes, straight face, and an innocent, melodic voice, "What? I can't help it you can't be trusted because you just turn out to be some brainwashed psychopath who is probably the reason Darvire and your 'friend' Cati are hurt in the first place." He shrugged and returned to piling on the sticks I got for him, like it was the most important thing for him to do.

Usually, you would think you would like elves... You picture them as some little cute shoemaker, or some wonderful, graceful, and curtious beautiful being that hops around in leggings.

I was definitely not liking this one, who was neither.

And I could only sit there and seethe.

Or could I?

I took a near by stick as thick as my fist and snapped it in two to throw both at Driscol's artistic pile of sticks as hard has I could. He some how caught one stick with one lighting quick hand, with an audiable THWAK! against his hand. The other hit dead on.

The impact was almost satisfying.

The pile exploded basically, sticks and twigs and branches flying every which way.

It would have been so much better if they all burst into flame.

The drawf started to chuckle again. "Oh, don't mind Driscol." He said, totally ignoring the fact I demolished the elf's piece of work, "He's just haughty cause his parents made him come." I noticed with satisfaction as Driscol was calmly picking up the mess, he stiffened rigidly.

"And why did his parents make him come?" I asked without trying to cover my content.

Branduff shrugged. "You'll have ta ask him that, lass."

Oh, great. Like I was going to ask him that anytime soon.

Driscol was just one of those people...er, fantastical creature that you know you'll never be friends with or have decent conversations with them.

Branduff sighed neverously. "I know this might seem like a task, but can ya please pick up the mess ya made, Lith? I can't start makein' ya your food till the fire's cookin'."

"Believe him when he says its along time!" Mannix called. "A drawvers breakfast will usually last into mid day!! Cooking only takes longer!" He had gone off and stood the base of the clearing as a guard. "And if you don't mind, we are all hungry!"

I took a deep breath, ready for Driscol to say something that would completely make me flip out and totally not help out. But instead, he continued picking up branches.

Unknown Third (emitting his feelings) and Cati looked curiously over at us from where they sat... Where Cati sat. You only could see a moving bandages in thin air that suggested Unknown Third. Cate was giving me a warning glance, that was saying, 'Just do it, for Pete's sake. You never explode like this... like me.' Unknown was emitting, 'Do it before Cate starts laughing at you and rips her stitches.'

I let it out in one whoosh. "Fine." Sucking up pride, vainity, and a whole lot of words I would have been saying, to gather up the wood.

After I dumped a armful of sticks by Driscol, again, haughtily, I walked off to the edge of the forest.

I needed air.

Being around that elf made me uncomfortable. He was arrogant and infuriating, and made my inside Special (that I had broke way from was still there, deep inside of me, next to the new crazy thing I had become an hour before) want to leap out again. I hated my past. I really did. And Driscol didn't make it better by bringing it up.

I stood there for a moment... Just breathing and looking into the forest.

I really needed to go punch something.

But it wasn't going to be in the presence of HIM.

So that was how I ended up running about in the forest. Jumping, flying, darting, and looking for something to destroy... some of my Special instincts leaking through.

I abruptly halted infront of a tall, dead tree. The wood was mostly a grainy black, the limbs bare of leaves, save dead ones. It was an odd tree, amongst its green kin. No life stirred within its branches, if bugs didn't count.

It was perfect.

I ran back a ways, turned, and made a charge at the tree, dumping, and spinning, lashing out my foot in a spinning kick, yelling a war cry.

It was a clean cut.

I basically spun right through, cutting the tree in half some high a distance from its trunk. The wood was soft due to termites and age. I landed on the other side, and the tree fell, moaning, groaning, and not to mention crashing. A big flock of birds errupted out of the trees, squaking madly.

It was an amazing thing to see, really, and surprisingly my anger was gone.

To be replaced by pain. The euphoria of the break didn't last long. I tried to stand, and realized I would have a lovely bruise on the back of my whole lower leg. I limped painfully over to the trunk and sat down, resting my head against the bark. The forest was unusually loud. I closed my eyes, hoping my regenerating skills would kick in and lessen the pain.

But, in fact, it was the forest sounds that calmed me more. The sway of the wind, the twittering of calming birds, the rolling of bushes and leaves...

And a slight pat pat pat sound of feet.

You have GOT to be kidding me.

"Do I really bug you that much?"

4 comments:

wings said...

Coool!!!
i'v just finshed catching up on everything.
Can't wait!
:)
sorry haven't been on in a while... the computer crashed and it took ages to get it fixed...

How're you peoples doing?

Unknown said...

wee hoo!!
well, that's not good. my mom's laptop recently crashed too... ugh.

but yeah, life's throwing canon balls at me and expecting me to laugh.
and you??

oOhugsOo
Lith

wings said...

going back to school tomorrow..
:((

got exams soon...
not looking forward to that
anyway...

*hugs*

:)

Ink said...

I'm fine, just got back from FL for a vacation. It was amazing.
XD

How about you?
And yeah, my laptop crashed too. It sucked. Right in the middle of my vacation too.
=[

Lith, waiiiiit.... cannon balls? Does it involve a man or just life itself?

XxInk